• Parenting time or Visitation
  • Division of Property or Debts
  • Payment of Monies and Attorneys’ fees

If you are able to prove that the other party or your ex-spouse is in violation of the court order or divorce decree then they may be imprisoned for as long as the contempt continues. Most judges will give them the chance to immediately comply with the aspect they are in violation of. If they can’t or don’t comply a judge may order them jailed until they do.

“It is a pleasant world we live in, sir, a very pleasant world. There are bad people in it, Mr. Richard, but if there were no bad people, there would be no good lawyers.”
― Charles Dickens, The Old Curiosity Shop